This is perfect steak for those with a healthy appetite. Sirloin and Fillet on either side of a T shaped bone. The bone adds to the depth of flavour when cooked. Either grill on a high heat or seal either side on a hot pan and finish in the oven. Serve rare, medium or well done. Great served with real home made chips and crispy salad!
It's all in the cooking !
The image of the cooked T-bone is one I cooked at home using the following method:
- Leave at room temperature for an hour before cooking.
- Season the steak on both sides with coarse salt, cracked black pepper and any other seasoning of your choice.
- Massage a half teaspoon of oil (preferably olive oil) to each side
- Sear on a really hot pan for 90 seconds each side.
- Cover loosely with tinfoil and place pan in a pre heated oven (Alternatively transfer to a ovenable tray if frying pan is unsuitable for oven)
- Allow the following times 10 minutes @ 180c for rare / 15 minutes @180c for Medium / 20 minutes @180c for Well done.
Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving. During the resting period cover with dish towel or tinfoil.
We select our beef weekly from regular local farmers. The cattle are reared traditionally and graze on pasture from early Spring to late Autumn. In the winter months the cattle roam free in large straw bedded barns and are fed silage and grain grown on the farm. I truly believe that Lanarkshire has some of the best beef herds in the country. This is due to the care and passion that these local farmers have for their stock. The mix of grass and clover on Lanarkshire’s permanent pasture most definitely adds a tremendous depth of flavour to the beef. The flavour and tenderness are also due to the maturation and storage process. Here at Henderson’s we allow the roasts and rumps to mature traditionally on the bone for up to 30 days. The various cuts are carefully prepared by us resulting in meat that has exceptional eating quality.
All the meat we supply is cut, packed and prepared to your specification by our skilled butchers on the day of your delivery. This allows you to either store in your fridge for up to 5 days or freeze and consume within 3 months. All meat is vacuum sealed and labelled with product information and storage guidelines.