Tomahawk Steak - ideal for sharing ❤
with FREE Chef Prepared Sauce!
This steak has become a real favourite of beef connoisseurs and at the top of the menu in some of the country's most well known steak houses. Thick, tasty and succulent the Tomahawk Steak is an ideal steak for sharing and always impresses dinner guests having the wow factor! Aptly named due to the shape of the steak resembling a tomahawk axe. We cut the Tomahawks from the first 6 ribs of the sirloin with the rib bone left on. The bone adds to the depth of flavour when cooked.
It's all in the cooking!
The image of the cooked Tomahawk is one I cooked at home using the following method (for the 1.1kg steak)
- Leave at room temperature for an hour before cooking.
- Season the steak on both sides with coarse salt, cracked black pepper and any other seasoning of your choice.
- Massage a half teaspoon of oil (preferably olive oil) to each side
- Sear on a really hot pan for 90 seconds each side.
- Place pan in a pre heated oven (Alternatively transfer to a ovenable tray if frying pan is unsuitable for oven)
- Allow the following times 20 minutes @ 180c for rare / 25 minutes @180c for Medium / 30 minutes @180c for Well done.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving. During the resting period cover with dish towel or tinfoil.
Great when served with spring onion and avocado or any other veg or salad of your choice. For those who like steak with real chips try our "Chipper" potatoes favoured by one of the best known Chip shops in the area!
We select our beef weekly from regular local farmers. The cattle are reared traditionally and graze on pasture from early Spring to late Autumn. In the winter months the cattle roam free in large straw bedded barns and are fed silage and grain grown on the farm. I truly believe that Lanarkshire has some of the best beef herds in the country. This is due to the care and passion that these local farmers have for their stock. The mix of grass and clover on Lanarkshire’s permanent pasture most definitely adds a tremendous depth of flavour to the beef. The flavour and tenderness are also due to the maturation and storage process. Here at Henderson’s we allow the roasts and rumps to mature traditionally on the bone for up to 30 days. The various cuts are carefully prepared by us resulting in meat that has exceptional eating quality.
All the meat we supply is cut, packed and prepared to your specification by our skilled butchers on the day of your delivery. This allows you to either store in your fridge for up to 5 days or freeze and consume within 3 months. All meat is vacuum sealed and labelled with product information and storage guidelines.
1.1kg (2lb 6oz), 1.5kg (3lb 5oz)
|Choose your sauce|
Peepercorn, Diane, Blue Cheese, Red Wine & Juniper
Click & Collect or Home Delivery Options Available!